Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary during the coronavirus pandemic
you always shine on our path
as a sign of salvation and of hope.
We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick,
who at the cross took part in Jesus’ pain, keeping your faith firm.
You, Salvation of the Roman People,
know what we need,
and we are sure you will provide
so that, as in Cana of Galilee,
we may return to joy and to feasting
after this time of trial.
Help us, Mother of Divine Love,
to conform to the will of the Father
and to do as we are told by Jesus,
who has taken upon himself our sufferings
and carried our sorrows
to lead us, through the cross,
to the joy of the resurrection.
Dear Parents and Friends of Loreto Nedlands
Hopefully you are negotiating your way through these uncertain times with your family.
The class remote learning platforms have been fully operational now since Monday morning and the parent and student feedback has been very positive. Please stay in communication with your children’s teachers as the feedback received is appreciated and used to improve this mode of learning. We as teachers are still moving into the unknown as well and we are constantly looking for ways to improve our education delivery to your children.
Below are some resources that Anna Wilshire generously sent to me. Some specific to COVID and some just general mental health websites.
- moodgym.com.au – can create an account which is secure and based on answers to your survey you then work through different modules for anxiety and depression. Not covid specific. But definitely helps you restructure thought processes (CBT based therapy).
- Mindspot.org.au/coronavirus – links to information about covid19, how to prepare, and how to stay physically and mentally well. Also in addition can do an online assessment which you can then proceed to do online courses.
- A great article which I have been able to relate to is in Harvard Business Review “That Discomfort You’re Feeling is Grief”. Great article to read which explain the collective grief we are all feeling at the moment and why. https://hbr.org/2020/03/that-discomfort-youre-feeling-is-grief?fbclid=IwAR3GifOYsJap-WWMS–IfMXxYlcR8HLR3LS4RwBqdxuIrk_GSLOKAgHD_BU
- Thiswayup.org.au are offering free courses at the moment and have specific anxiety related COVID courses.
Parent Roles & Responsibilities:
Provide support for your children by:
- Establishing routines and expectations
- Defining the physical space for your child to work
- Uploading photos / samples of your child’s learning experiences to Seesaw and TEAMS.
- Providing your child with positive feedback on their learning
- Taking an active role in assisting your child with their learning experiences
- Establishing times for quiet reflection
- Encouraging physical activity and/or exercise
- Remaining mindful of your child’s stress or worry
- Monitoring how much time your child is spending online
- Encouraging indoor and outdoor free-play experiences
- Spend quality family time together – board games, walks, backyard fun, cooking, reading books etc.
Best wishes for the week ahead.