Loreto Nedlands offers a playgroup to our families and the wider community for children aged 0 – 4 years and their parent/caregiver. Playgroups are a great way for families to provide their children with new experiences and opportunities to play, socialise, and discover their world. They are a great way for your kids to interact with other children in a fun and safe environment, while giving you the opoprtunity to interact with other parents.
Our playgroup is held every Monday morning from 9.00am – 10.30am in our Pre Kindy room which is located on Stanley Street, Nedlands. For further information and to register your interest please contact 6389 9400.
Why join a playgroup?
Playgroups provide a supportive environment for children and their family or carer. There is a sense of belonging to the community, opportunities to form friendships and share ideas and information.
While at playgroup, children have the opportunity to learn through play and develop social, emotional, physical and cognitive skills in a safe and stimulating environment. They are also a lot of fun for children as they learn through play and interact with other children and adults.
Importantly, playgroup also provides the opportunity for parents and children to play together, which is critical to children’s healthy development. By creating a space where parents and caregivers have the opportunity to spend time with their children, playgroups can enhance relationships through play.
Your annual, family Playgroup WA membership covers children aged 0-5 and their parents, foster carers, grandparents, aunties and uncles, nannies … everyone and anyone interested in the well-being and care of the young child(ren).
How will your children benefit from playgroup?
- Playgroups are safe and nurturing environment where children can play and learn
- Enhance healthy early brain development through play
- Opportunities for children to create, invent, reason and problem solve
- Opportunities to build attachment between adults and children as they play together, and share time and experiences
- Learn social skills as they negotiate with peers, resolve conflict, take turns, share and make friends
- Build resilience to enable them to cope with new situations and manage stress and adapt to change
How will families benefit from playgroup?
- A space where families can create their own locally based friends and social networks
- A place where parents and caregivers can support each other through sharing ideas, parenting experiences, concerns and information
- Build family capacity through peer support
- A place where families can build long-term friendships as their children grow and transition to school
- An affordable and regular opportunities for families to enjoy a shared outing
Playgroup is fun! There are many and varied activities, new children to play with and group activities your children may not experience at home.